What’s it all about?
The Strengthening Families Programme is a 7 week programme that helps families with young people aged 10 years old to prepare for their teenage years.
Becoming a teenager can be a challenging time for young people and parents alike.
Strengthening Families is proven to support both parents and young people through this time of change.
Each session is held in the evening and lasts for 2½ hours.
During the sessions you learn by watching DVDs, taking part in activities and discussions. In the first hour parents and young people meet in their own groups to take part in activities with group workers. In the second hour everyone comes together again to be involved in family activity.
What are the benefits?
Parents and carers
With each session your confidence will grow as you...
- Learn about different ways to support your young person; and
- Learn how to set boundaries as they get older.
Most of all, Strengthening Families helps your whole family to experience your young person’s teenage years more positively.
With each session your confidence will grow as you..
- Develop skills for handling peer pressure, which helps to avoid problems such as drugs and alcohol;
- Develop skills in learning how to better appreciate the feelings of others; and
- Learn how to set your own goals for the future, helping you to achieve greater success when you move onto secondary school.
Your whole family
By the end of the 7 week programme you will have a much better understanding of each other’s strengths and qualities, helping you to become much stronger as a family and better able to support each another.
How can I access this programme?
The programme will be running in Fairfield Community Centre from Monday April 27th – June 22nd
If you would like to join in the programme just complete an application form which has been issued to your child or contact:
Evidence2 Success 01738 477836 , e mail email@example.com or visit the website www.pkc.gov.uk/strengtheningfamilies